Earth Day's coming up (Sat, 4/22) and while I love this collective reminder to honor and respect Mother Earth, as far as I'm concerned #EarthDay is every day. Whether you live in a bustling metropolis or remote village, reconnect with nature as much as you can. Daily.
Mother Earth keeps us happy, heathy, and vibrant. Nature's beauty we got to enjoy growing up must be protected. Do your part in keeping this planet in balance; it's the right thing to do. And doing what's right feels good & is heathy ('cuz your immune system has morals). Below I'm sharing a few ideas on how to green up your life. I hope you'll feel inspired.
- Support environmentally-conscious companies (more on this to come)
- Plant a tree
- Stop using plastic. Yes, sometimes it can't be avoided (Hey #airports, why can you offer booze in glass bottles but water only in plastic?! Makes no sense whatsoever) but for love's sake bring your own (travel) mug or thermos for your daily coffee run (options here and here and here...); get a reusable water bottle such as this and this; use reusable bamboo utensils. Bring your own shopping totes. One of my favorite clothing companies included gorgeous ones in my recent orders.
- Bring your own shopping bags (so important, I had to repeat it)
- Join a CSA (community supported agriculture)
- Start a garden
- Buy organic (food, clothes such as these and these, cosmetics such as this, skin care such as this, cleaning products such as these)
- Buy local
- Spread good vibes. Infinite ways, of course. Always love seeing Sanskrit prayer flags. And this music, oh my. Divine! Thanks for the intro, Sage!
- Stop buying so much
- Stop buying crap (cheap junk that's mass-produced tormenting people, animals, the earth and ends up polluting us all after it's thrown out after one season). Minimalism is a vitamin.
- Love the clothes you own (Repeat after me: Does it spark joy?). Thanks, Marie Kondo.
- Donate what no longer serves you. Where & to whom? Here.
- Get sustainably wild-caught fish if you're into seafood
- Eat more plants
- Realign with nature. If you're in a big city, use flower essences. They work like a charm to reconnect you to your true nature. Love 'em!
- Open the windows to let fresh air in (the AC usually doesn't need to be running all the time)
- Bring in house plants. They'll help clean the air.
- Use energy-efficient electronics
- Air-dry clothes if you can
- Use solar outdoor lights
- Hey #automakers, build solid & affordable all-electric cars!
Love the planet you're on.